Bug Reports / Feature Requests
Reply on sbox.game-
Hi, first I just want to be clear I'm only one person doing the art, sound, music, programming and design alongside a day job so things might move a little slow.
But I do want to hear if you all find any bugs or if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know here!
The following is currently being worked on:- More rooms / Environments
- Achievements
- More enemies
-
Hey, I like your game! I played it a few times on different 2 different builds and just happened to be looking at the front page of the forum when I saw this. One bug I kept noticing is that the footstep sounds don't sound like they are coming from the character's feet. If you orbit the camera 180 degrees around the character the sound will change sides even though the character is in the same location relative to the camera aka the same location on the screen. For some reason its only that sound effect that sounds spatially off. I thought you probably knew this issue existed but I don't think it was changed between builds. If you don't play with good headphones the issue might not be noticeable but idk... anyways, nice game 👍.
-
Thanks for the feedback, all the player sounds dont use any kind of occlusion / distance falloff so you can hear them no matter where the camera is but I'm still trying to play with the mix to try get it to sound decent!Hey, I like your game! I played it a few times on different 2 different builds and just happened to be looking at the front page of the forum when I saw this. One bug I kept noticing is that the footstep sounds don't sound like they are coming from the character's feet. If you orbit the camera 180 degrees around the character the sound will change sides even though the character is in the same location relative to the camera aka the same location on the screen. For some reason its only that sound effect that sounds spatially off. I thought you probably knew this issue existed but I don't think it was changed between builds. If you don't play with good headphones the issue might not be noticeable but idk... anyways, nice game 👍.
-
I saw the game was updated so I checked it out.
I think the issue is the sound player for the footsteps isn't following the player character (or something else going on with a different sound listener than the camera's default one). The direction of the point where you spawn is the direction the sound sounds like it plays from. Like you mentioned, it doesn't have falloff so its a constant volume no matter the distance from the point, but the direction of the sound changes when you rotate the camera or walk around that spot.
Does it not sound that way on your machine? Maybe somehow its not broken on your PC but it is on mine for some reason? I have surround sound headphones, nvidia audio driver, and windows pc. Its possible we have some different sound systems on our computers either by peripherals or pc software/hardware and do not hear the same thing but I don't know.