Looking for Delivery Hopper Advice

Started by Evanowski 2 posts 63 views

Reply on sbox.game
  1. #1
    Evanowski 2,390
    Hello! Seeing Delivery Hopper featured has felt really amazing!
    Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to try the game!

    I've been tweaking some of the mechanics to improve balance, but I'm conflicted regarding the rain system.
    When it rains, sideways hops count as two because the road is slippery. I like the idea of weather hazards, but the game already has many mechanics working at once. Even as the developer, I most often forget to consider the rain modifier when I play. I worry that if I forget, then it could be frustrating to new players.

    I've considered making hops slower in the rain, obscuring visibility slightly, adding a deployable umbrella, or also just removing rain altogether.

    I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, I'm doing my best to polish the game as much as I can.
    delivery hopper.jpg 943.05 KB
  2. edited 2 hours ago #2
    Fantastic 18,674
    - I'd like it if you made it so the music transition was faster, there is an amount of time when one song transitions to the next one, where there's a lot of dissonance because they are playing on top of each other.
    - Sometimes when I'm moving horizontally, I seem to move two spots instead of one, and it gets me killed sometimes
    - I think the requirements for certain deliveries (ie: no double sidestep) are poorly communicated and frustrating at times
    - It's weird you can accept a delivery that you're not capable of moving backwards to actually accept
    - I don't understand what it means to stay in the shade in this game

    The game has a very strong vibe. The aesthetics are very strong.