Positivity Thread! 🥳

Started by Fantastic 3 posts 69 views

Reply on sbox.game
  1. edited 4 hours ago #1
    Fantastic 18,674
    I recently made an honest negative review that got a lot of likes, and it feels good to know other people are frustrated about the same things I've been feeling about S&box. I think a lot of us are kinda frustrated with the state of the game and worried about the future.
     
    It's easy to be negative.

    But!

    This has also been a really cool platform, and it doesn't feel good to be so negative.
    There are a lot of really cool things about S&box, and I have had lots of good experiences, have made money from Playfund, have met cool people and worked on cool projects, and I want to have hope for the future.

    And ultimately, despite its flaws, it's so much better than fucking Unity.

    So let's have a positivity thread! Post nice things about S&box, the editor or the platform.

    Some things you might want to post about:
    • Games you had fun playing
    • Nice features in the engine or on the platform
    • Good changes you're happy about
    • Friendly people who have helped you, positive members of the community

    I'll start: 

    • I had a ton of fun playing Shot for Shot, roleplaying as a drunk cowboy and falling over. The piano player is an absolute joy.
    • Run it Again is a lot of fun, and very visually impressive, really great game feel for something created in a jam, and the newest update with the CEO at the end who begs for his life has some awesome animation.
    • I've never been much of a mapper, but I've really been enjoying messing with basic geometry and hotspot textures in the Mapping tool, and I appreciate all the hotspot textures offered by FP on the cloud.
    • The new Revolver viewmodel animations are sick.
    • The new Multiplayer tab is not bad. I think removing the server browser was a misstep, and this tab is a much needed bit of breathing life into the Multiplayer side of things. 
    • I appreciate that we can tell at-a-glance how many players a game supports now, that's a really necessary bit of information when you're playing with friends in a party.
      image.png 34.28 KB
    • Free weekend!
    • Scene Compilation seems to be a nice bit of performance improvement for certain scenes.
    • Terry is dead. This is a sad thing in some ways. I have grown to love his sausage self. But I think replacing him with a slightly more attractive mascot is going to do a lot to help the game in the long term, and I would love to see how the cosmetics look on a new player model.
    • I appreciate all the friends I've made in this community. I'm sorry for being so negative about AI usage and leaving bad reviews on games. Even the sloppest games have a spark of human creativity in them.
    • I like the new menu music. It's sort of quiet, contemplative. It doesn't stand out too much, but it's pleasant and enjoyable.
  2. #2
    xraybeesx 1,455
    I'm trying to be positive here it is just really HARD.
  3. #3
    Fantastic Started this 18,674

    xraybeesx posted:

    I'm trying to be positive here it is just really HARD.

    Super Chicken Escape is awesome though man, I had a lot of fun playing it.
    You have made cool stuff and I'd love to see you make more.