Map Feedback & Your Map Ideas!

Started by Firebirdjr 1 post 32 views

Reply on sbox.game
  1. edited May 2026 #1
    Firebirdjr 2,216

    Hey Everyone!

    I'm currently working on a new map right now, but I was curious for those who have played what your thoughts are so far on the current 2 maps! I was curious of any of your ideas but these are planned to be released in a test-able phase within the next couple of months!

    Grass Sweep
    Grass sweep is the first-idea and representation of S&Box Sweeper! It has a very similar Platformer environment art-style and doesn't have a special mechanic, but it's meant to showcase the idea and the main rule of Sweeper!

    Facility Sweep
    The Facility was the first unique map mechanic for S&Box Sweeper. I designed Turrets for the Sweeper contraption and wanted to offer more breathing room for players to strategically position themselves for dodging projectiles from other players and the turrets. It's a little bit of a unique one and it has it's own theme, but so far the feedback for Facility Sweep has been extremely positive, with some feedback going towards the base core of the game itself.

    Invasion Sweep
    Invasion Sweep is finally out, and so far it's been a blast in getting everything working. I wanted to introduce a really fun and silly out of no-where idea where UFO's pick a random platform and attempt to abduct the Terry's. Similar to the Facility Turret level, I also wanted to have flying saucers in the center shooting lasers and spinning around as the contraption. I'm also experimenting with Moving Platforms that go up and down at random intervals and random heights. So far the feedback for Invasion Sweep is that the platforms were too high, so I did an update to adjust that, and there was a lot of bugs with the Alien UFOs not working for players so that had to be a high-priority fix, which is released now! A lot of players prefer the other maps still, so I'll have to find a way to push something that is completely unique or incredibly attractive for players to want to go to Invasion for a new experience!

    Snow Sweep
    This level will be the winter frost map with some Ice Platforms and some Ice Power Item Pickup! This will be the next map I'm working on and I wanted to see how re-skins or other versions of already released maps will do. This map has a new item spawn into it, as well as custom items that are similar to your normal item. Throwing Daggers will be Reskinned to Throwing Ice-cicles, Bombs will still be well, Bombs, and there will be a brand new power-up that is a Snowflake! The Snowflake will be a tough design challenge to accomplish, but basically it will create a big puddle of Ice wherever it lands, and that frozen ice puddle will cause players to slip!

    Upcoming Map Sweep Ideas So Far
    • A map where you fall into water if you fall off! (Water Ragdoll Physics)
    • A Low Gravity Platform Map
    Let me know your thoughts, and if you haven't played it yet check it out and give me your thoughts here as well! I highly recommend to bring some friends and a group as well for an even more awesome PvP Platforming experience.

    The Most Voted Maps So Far By You!

    1. Grass Sweep
    2. Facility Sweep
    3. Invasion Sweep
    4. The Lobby
    5. Snow Sweep